As a makeup lover, I’ll sometimes go to salons to get lash extensions. These lash extensions can be convenient as they last a long time. Taking them off at home, however, can be quite a task.
That’s why I’ve provided a step-by-step guide to make removing your lash extensions at home a lot easier!
How to Remove Lash Extensions With coconut oil
Since you’re trying to remove something close to your eye, it’s always better to use natural products rather than chemicals. When it comes to lash extensions, coconut oil is your best friend!
Step 1: Steam Your Eyelashes
- The first step is steaming your face. Boil a cup or two of water and pour it into a pot.
- Lean your face down towards the pot while keeping a safe distance between you and the water.
- Place a towel over your head to stop the steam from leaking out.
- Close your eyes for 10 minutes to allow the lash extension’s glue to loosen up.
Step 2: Saturate Your Q-tip With Coconut Oil
- Bring a q-tip and soak it in coconut oil.
- Leave it for a couple of minutes until it’s completely saturated. Don’t use it directly after applying or it might cause you discomfort.
Step 3: Apply the Coconut Oil to Your Lashes Using Q-tip
- Gently move your q-tip up and down your lashes just like how you apply mascara.
- Proceed by moving your q-tip from left to right.
Step 4: Apply Coconut Oil Using Cotton Pad
- You can also apply the coconut oil using a cotton pad/ball.
- Saturate your cotton pad with the coconut oil
- Place the cotton pad on your eyes and let it sit for a few minutes.
- Remove the cotton pad then start using a coconut oil saturated q-tip. Use the same movements mentioned above.
Step 5: Wash Your Face
- Wash your face gently after you’re done.
- Repeat the process a few times to completely remove the lash extensions.
Other ways to Remove Your Eyelash Extensions
There are a few other ways you can try removing your eyelash extensions.
Using Vaseline to Remove Eyelash Extensions
You can also use vaseline to remove your lash extensions. All you’ll need to do is to coat a cotton pad with vaseline then gently move it up and down your lashes.
Repeat the process for 3 minutes then wipe away any excess Vaseline. Your lashes should start coming off after a few tries.
Using Oil-Based Makeup Removers
This method might take a little time but it’ll all be worth it! When getting your eyelash extensions done, they usually advise you against using oil-based makeup removers.
The reason is that it can break away the glue holding your lash extensions together. Now though, that is exactly what you need!
You can use it by gently wiping your lashes with it every day. They should gradually come off after a few days.
Eye Cream And Steamy Showers
Another thing you can try is to apply eye cream to your eyes every night before bed. It can help weaken the lashes’ glue until they finally fall off.
When taking a shower, try to adjust the temperature to be hot enough to let out some steam. The steam can also help weaken the glue’s strength.
The combined forces of the hot showers and eye cream should increase the lash extension’s loosening speed.
There are some cases where oils won’t do the jobs. In these situations, it’s better to go get your lash extensions professionally removed.
Few Safe Tips to Keep in Mind
- Keep your eyes closed while placing the oil
- Don’t try to pluck the lash extensions out. Doing so will cause your natural eyelashes to fall.
- Be gentle while applying to avoid irritating your eye.
- Avoid using a professional lash extension remover at home. It contains chemicals that are very dangerous if it comes into contact with your eyes.
Though we all love having thick and pretty eyelashes, getting the lash extensions off can be quite a hassle. Using coconut oil is a good choice. That’s because it’s a natural product that gives amazing results. It’s also important to know about all the other ways to remove eyelashes. I hope this article can help you.